Monday 25 September 2017

Aussie Hero Request List 25 September 2017

Hi all

Here is the request list for this week…

NOTE – if you are checking the request list from the blog and if you receive the blog via email DO NOT try to reply to me via that email.  It will not work. You need to use friendsofAHQ@gmail.com

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag.  
For example….

Marvel Theme. Ironman
M
LB
1


This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste please copy the line out as follows…   Marvel Theme. Ironman  M  LB  1


B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag
F= female
M= male

Priority Quilts

WOW WOW WOW you all rose to the challenge magnificently last week and knocked off most of the urgent quilts off my list. Thank you so much. We really do have the most awesome volunteers.

Only two priority quilts this week.. thank goodness.  Numbers 2 and 4 need to be in the mail by 30 October but I would feel much more comfortable if they were in the mail by the 23rd.  If you can help with these two please let me know.

Post by Day

The post by date for all items on this request list is 30 October please.


PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
NOTE- please read this bit…. It might make some of the request easier for you…

Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.

Rising Sun, RAAF Crest Navy Crest and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.

1 Squadron Crest can be sent to you as an embroidered panel to be included.

If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I can get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.

I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.

Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.



Manly rugby league
M
LB
1B
Game of Thrones
M
LB
1C
 I request a bag with the Coat of Arms and RAAF Ensign theme."
M
LB
1D
The Phantom with "SuperSonicChook" 
M
LB
1E
Broncos
M
LB
1F
Military
M
LB
1G
Gym-Fitness
M
LB
1H
Tonka trucks and earth moving equipment. "Follow the Sapper"
M
LB
1I
Something girly and bright - leaving end Oct
F
LB
1J
, a real boy, planes, trains and automobiles and blue, pretty sure he hasn't put his hand up as yet and a really good bloke.
M
LB
1K
Nautical HMAS Warramunga theme
M
LB
1L
Batman
B
LB
1M
Scenic Mountains/Alps - cycling
M
Q
2
Monsters Trucks - wants to pass on to her children on her return as a memento from her deployment
F
Q
4
I am an Engineer - Royal Australian Engineer Badge with my initials please.  I quite like darker colours, black , navy as they look stylish, although a pop of colour could be nice (as long as it is not pink)  :) 
F
Q
5
   


Blue black mountain bikes
M
Q
7
Camping, 4X4 & Staffordshire bull terrier (any colours)
M
Q
8
Red, black, dark blue, wakeboarding, basketball, TV, travel (maybe a plane).
M
Q
9
Military Nursing theme with Kabul Afghanistan. July 2017 – January 2018
F
B
10
Red Cross, Red Crescent, Caduceus Kabul Afghanistan 2017 in the middle, RS badge,
F
B
11
North Queensland Cowboys
M
Q
12
a Cowboys Football Club (North Queensland)
M
Q
13
Wants to pass his quilt and LB to his 6 year old daughter on return… music and dancing- loves orange and purple. 
M
Q
14
6 SQN Design
M
Q
15
MFO badge, Egypt theme (Camels Pyramids) RAAC Badge coming
Laundry Bag – MFO Badge and Armoured Badge (RAAC)  Attached
M
Q
16
Pictures supplied
F
Q
17
V8 Supercars and AFL (sports in general )
M
Q
18
Coins, traveling, butterflies, knitting
F
Q
19
"IRAQ 2017" BOTTOM RIGHT)
(C-130 AIRPLANE, C17 AIRPLANE - MIDDLE LEFT AND RIGHT)
(AUS FLAG AND KIWI FLAG CENTRE - "MC DET BAGHDAD" ABOVE FLAGS)
COLOURS - DARK BLUE, RED, GREY
M
Q
20
Anything with Australian Wildlife, My favourite being the Galah
M
Q
21
Moroccon patterns and anything bohemian... my favourite colours are earthy blues greens and purples
F
Q
22
VB beer
M
B
23
Travel/sightseeing
M
Q
24
gym, fitness, food, shoes/clothes
F
Q
25
Wagon Wheel, My corp - Royal Australia Corp of Transport, ECN 035 Movers

Loves of my life
My Daughter (3 months old)
My Wife
Collingwood Football Club
Being around the water, offshore fishing
M
Q
26
Blue & Red
New Orleans & Jazz Music
F
Q
27
From a farm in Victoria and a mad Essendon supporter in the AFL. Would therefore request an Essendon quilt, complete with the Essendon logo!
M
Q
28
Please request floral with pastal pinks and green
F
Q
29
ANZAC Theme
M
Q
30
Beach/tropical style in turquoise/white/cream/green/yellow/floral. I have always lived close to the beach - I would like something bright and cheerful that reminds me of warm places, the ocean, and of tropical plants and flowers.
F
Q
31
Navy Blue and white
M
Q
32
Pokemon… in fact the quote is "If possible I'd like a Pokemon one. My young fella would love it. If it had a pikachu on it his head would explode with excitement."
M
Q
33
Fijian tribal or NRL West Tigers
M
B
34
apple logo, google colors (red, yellow, green, blue)
M
Q
35
My favorite colors are black & gold, i like intricate patterns/textures & would love for my initials to be on them (TH).
F
Q
36
North QLD Cowboys NRL
M
Q
37
North QLD Cowboys NRL
M
Q
38
Melbourne Demons and adores his three children, names available
M
Q
39
If possible would like to see something army related with a Middle East reference
M
Q
40
I love bright happy colours, especially light greens, pinks, purples, yellows and  oranges (anything bright really).  I would love a quilt with flowers, butterflys and pretty patterns. I have two beautiful blond little girls so if they could be included in the pattern that would be fantastic.
F
Q
41
Quilt and Laundry bag: Request stain-glass design (eg black borders) if possible mainly with green fabrics, with tree/s or celtic patterns. Black lined/backing.
No pink or bright neon fabric please. Thank you so much"
F
B
42
Medical
Cats (love the gingers!)
Collecting M&Ms dispensers
F
Q
43
rabbits and animals in general
F
Q
45
Can I please have a dark-coloured quilt and laundry bag?
I would love anything to symbolise Australia – an Aussie flag, soldiers from the war, poppies, anything at all to represent Australia and our history! And in one of the corners:

TCG-V, OP OKRA
2017-2018
F
Q
46
Can I please get a quilt that matches my AH laundry bag which consists of Minions from the movie Dispicable Me. I can then bring this home to my boy who is 7 and would love the idea of his dad's blanket being all Minions!!
M
Q
47
Great Barrier Reef Theme
F
B
48
Anzac
Adelaide Crows,
Scotland , maybe the flag .
Texas , maybe the flag
Blue , light or med is a good colour
no wheels please
M
Q
49
suitable for a little boy, currently four, to grow with but he loves dinosaurs
M
Q
50
Manly rugby league
M
Q
51
Red, Black, Blue, Orange, Green, Female Superheroes
F
B
52



No comments:

Post a Comment