Monday 5 June 2017

Aussie Hero Quilts Requests 5 June 17

2-8
Hi all

NOTE – if you are checking the request list from the blog and if you receive the blog via email DO NOT try to reply to me via that email.  It will not work. You need to use friendsofAHQ@gmail.com

A quick note… even if you check the request list every week, please take the time to skim over this preamble.  I edit it to make it relevant every week and I know that many of you are not reading it by the questions I am being asked. It takes you just a minute or two to scan it but takes me considerably longer to read and answer the emails I receive ….. please give me a hand in this. Your assistance is appreciated.


PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag.  
For example….

Marvel Theme. Ironman
M
LB
1


This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.  If you find it hard to copy and paste please copy the line out as follows…   Marvel Theme. Ironman  M  LB  1

Decoding Column three

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag

Laundry bags at the end of the list this week as I have renumbered them to make it easier for me.

URGENT Quilts and Laundry Bags

Numner 1, a purple quilt with some text on it, is particularly urgent. For this recipient to receive her quilt whilst deployed we need to get it in the mail by the end of this week, so 9 June. Unfortunately, her request was only submitted last night. If that is not possible then we will send it to her at home but I figured we would give it a try seeing as she does not want anything too fancy.

Numbers 2-7 really need to be in the mail by the post by date of 10 July with little leeway.   If you can help please let me know.

Post By Date

The post by date for all items on this request list is 10 July please.

PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.  Also, if this time frame is too tight for you, there are options, just email me to discuss.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.
  
NOTE- please read this bit…. It might make some of the request easier for you…
Australian National Flag - you can buy panels at Spotlight – ask for them if you can’t find them.
Rising Sun and other badges – ask me about them, I can often send you some to include if your request needs them.

Number 12 and 17 require a JMCC Movements Wheel



We now have the HMAS Newcastle Crest embroidered so if you need one let me know and I will get one in the mail to you next week. 😊



If they want some text and it is too much for you to applique I can get it embroidered and sent to you to be sewn on the quilt or sewn into it.

I can help you with football colours and logos of teams etc. Just ask me. Most of the logos are simple or you can just add team names if you want to … team colours are enough also.

Please think about what the request involves before you take it on. Google, ask questions, email me, make sure you can complete it to your satisfaction before you commit to it if possible please.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.



Cheers and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree


purple with
IMP
AFGHANISTAN
2017
on it somewhere
F
B
1
I'm really into surfing. Would love it if I could have an 'endless summer' themed quilt with like colours. Picture available
M
B
2
Something bright and colourful with beach theme, suggestions include beach theme with sand, sea shells, ocean, palm trees, rainbows & rainbow colours if possible.
F
B
3
My favourite colour is blue. I like watching American NFL. my favourite team is the San Francisco 49ers. I have 2 beautiful staffordshire bull terriers (staffys) one named Xena who is brindle and the other one’s name is sapphire who is black. 
F
B
4
Red, white & blue, RAAF Roundel, Wedgetail aircraft, Australian Flag, OP OKRA
M
Q
5
Blue, White, Aircraft
M
B
6
Hang gliders
M
B
7
Aussie Flag, South Sudan Flag, UN Flag, Map of South Sudan / Africa, Lion - "Aslan"
M
B
8
Military Themed - Army
M
Q
9
4WD - TOYOTA, Camper Trailer - TRACKABOUT, Aussie Flag, Blue,
M
Q
10
Black and Yellow with 1SQN Crest, Soccer theme/pattern (I can send you an embroidered 1 SQN crest to include)
M
B
11
"Red and Gold, Movement Control Wagon Wheel" (see pic above JM)
Would like his initials and "MC DET BAGHDAD" on his quilt please
M
B
12
Military Themed Army
M
Q
13
Surfing and touch football
M
Q
14
BLUE RUGBY
M
Q
15
XXXX gold symbol with 'Milton Mango' written underneath
M
Q
16
red/aqua/white/yellow
 interests: the beach/dogs/gym
rising sun and movements wheel 
M
Q
17
My hobbies include volunteer fire fighting with the NSWRFS, rugby union and i am a dual New Zealand and Australian citizen. My favourite colour is blue.
M
Q
18
Queensland maroons or broncos
M
Q
19
Possible inspirations: Aboriginal flag, East Arnhem Land, World map, aeromedical evacuation images, books, music notes, aircraft, volleyball, badminton, soccer, Les Miserables, harpsicord, junk ships, red cross+crescent, T-rex
F
B
20
Blue flag with white Southern Cross, FSE-6,
M
B
21
Medical red cross & red crescent, Australian flag, neutral background colours
F
B
22
Anything with Race, and/or Drift Cars. Fav Colour Red Please
M
Q
23
Dolphins, colour scheme blues, greys, black, white.   Family details avbl if you want to include them.
F
B
24
I love jewel colours (deep reds, blues, greens, purples).  I also love the Western Bulldogs (which are red, white and blue) so a quilt with either of those would be amazing.
F
B
25
Parramatta Eels
M
B
26
JTF 633 Resolute support logo
TG – AFG
Kabul – Afghanistan
April 2017 to Nov 2017
name and rank
M
B
27
Army, Middle East
M
Q
28
Black with Army rising sun badge in the middle, MFO logo underneath,  'Operation Mazurka 2017' written underneath.
M
Q
29
Essendon Bombers AFL - One corner MFO Logo with NAME,  OP MAZURKA  May –  November 2017'' written and the opposite corner ''Specially made for Name provided"
M
Q
30
pokemon
M
B
31
Ducks and scooters
M
Q
32
lots of black with something Yu-Gi-Oh
M
B
33
Sydney Rooster - logo and green bay packers NFL logo
34
Mountain Bikes, snowboarding, coffee, books, pugs
M
Q
35
Mighty Ducks (Ice Hockey Team)
M
B
36
K9 symbol on super teds chest CHECKING PATCH
M
B
37
Egypt with “OP MAZURKA 2017" written on it
B
38
Anything Soccer related West Ham United (Maroon and Light Blue colours)
F
Q
39
 I am a lateral transfer so would like British and Australian on there if possible along with a Leeds united Badge. My favourite colours are rifle green black and red.
M
B
40
I like drawing and colouring patterns, like mandalas. Preferred colours would be reds and blues, motifs like poppies that I have seen on other quilts are lovely also. Inclusion of title POLAD would be great.
F
Q
41
West Coast Eagles (would love Logo, & Players of the Club
M
B
42
Australian and U.K. Flag on the quilt with some army themed pictures eg rising sun, a dedication to war heroes with bright colours?
F
Q
43
Victoria Bitter logo, green/gold background
M
B
44
Penrith Panthers Theme
M
B
45
NSW Waratahs
M
B
46
HMAS Newcastle Theme, Bruce Family Motto(FUIMUS) and/or family Crest
M
B
47
Naval Theme, blue white and red
F
B
48
Colours: Blue and Red Electronics, Racing Cars
M
B
49
Tottenham Hotspur, Borussia Dortmund
M
B
50
HMAS Newcastle/Op Manitou Theme/blue
M
B
51
Sports/ dinosaurs green and grey colours or green and blue.
M
B
52
North Sydney Bears. (As they dont exist any more and its probably hard to get stuff like that any more a Melbourne Storm will be ok. Australian flag, my son’s name on it
M
B
53
snow caped mountains
M
B
54
Preference is Navy theme i like blue red yellow nautical theme
M
Q
55
Blue, Red Roses, Horses
M
B
56
Denver Broncos theme (blue and orange)
M
B
57
Essendon Bombers theme
M
B
58
Broncos
M
B
59
Travel, Combie vans and summer
M
B
60
Stars, Anchors, NQ Cowboy, blue, yellow
F
B
61
German Shephard, Nautical theme, blue
F
B
62
Naval/Nautical Theme with HMAS Sydney, Newcastle and Darwin Crest on if possible.
M
B
63
Purples/light purple/lilac/other pastel colours - i enjoy netball/arts & crafts/drawing painting reading. Positive mantras/quotes/sayings.
F
B
64
Fantasy: dragons, warriors, elves, dwarfs, goblins and orcs! Think Lord of the Rings
M
B
65
Sydney Swans and Nth Qld Cowboys
F
B
66
Adelaide Crows or Medical Theme Favourite colour Blue
M
B
68
Landscapes / Ocean / warship HMAS Newcastle Favourite colour red
F
B
69
Batman
F
B
70
Bull dogs NRL
M
B
72
Hulk
M
LB
1A
Tottenham Hotspur dark blue and white.  the logo on it and below my daughters name LAINE,
M
LB
1B
Manly NRL team
M
LB
1C
Royal &/or Navy Blue Blag, with Australian Flag, South Sudan Flag, UN Flag
M
LB
1D
Gold with black writing "Fighting First" and 1SQN crest
M
LB
1E
Black  -Armoured Corps Badge
M
LB
1F
Cats and Dogs. Favourite Cat is a Turkish Angora, favourite Dog is a Shitzu
LB
1G

1 comment: