Friday 21 April 2017

Weekly Dispatches is coming... ANZAC Day Wifi and the Adelaide Advertiser..... my turn to see the Spirit of the ANZACs....

Hi all 
Just a quick post to let you know that, like last week, the Weekly Dispatches post is coming but it will be late as Shelley is doing it again but she has to get here first after working a full day.  Please bear with us as it takes time to learn these things and once she knows how to do it it will be a great saver for me. 

Secondly, I will be heading down to HMAS Creswell to attend the Dawn Service next week. I plan to leave home around midday and will be staying on base with a friend until Wednesday morning. I am told that the internet down there is not reliable so whilst I will put the request list out early Monday morning, or possibly even Sunday night, I might not be able to answer all your emails til Wednesay at the latest.  I will have to see how it goes.  My host is even threatening to throw my wireless wifi in the bushes that I am forced to take some time off!!! I can hopefully avoid that threat! LOL

Just be prepared if you do not hear from me for a day or so.  

That said, I am very much looking forward to attending the Dawn Service at HMAS Creswell, one of my old bases and one of the most beautiful parts of the country.   Who knows, I might even catch up with a recipient or two, you never know.

Finally, for those of you in Adelaide there is to be an article about Aussie Heroes in your Adelaide Advertiser tomorrow morning. I believe it will be in the SA Magazine Lift Out, an ANZAC Day Special I believe. Hopefully there will be an online link that I can share with you.

I am off to the Spirit of the ANZACs tour tomorrow morning.  I have been hearing so much about it and quite frankly, can't wait to see it for myself. Seems like I have been waiting a long time for it to finally come to Sydney.

Till next time.... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree  xxx


1 comment:

  1. I agree it is a lovely part of the world. My husband will be at the dawn service at Bomaderry and I will be at the 9:00am service. The family all meet under the big tree with the concrete pad around it so I can put out my chair. Standing is outside my capabilities since spinal surgery. Hope you get some time off the enjoy the South Coast.

    ReplyDelete