Friday 11 November 2016

Weekly Dispatches 11 Nov 2016




A very big welcome home HMAS Perth and a very heartfelt thank you for having me. 

I was going to try and write up my visit to Perth and the amazing time I had joining the crew today but i have decided I just can't do it justice if I do it now when I am starving and really tired. Instead here is a quick pic taken on my phone.   We are all looking up at the Photographer so the official photos will be much better. I am still blown away that the crew raised the funds to bring me over .... and MORE but you will have to wait to read the rest. I will get it written up as soon as I can.


Lots more awesome quilts and laundry bags made it into the mail this week.  We have to sew a few more yet before Christmas if anyone has any time or we will come close to people missing out... I hope we can get away without that happening.  Check out the request list on Monday if you can.


So far for 2016 we have sent off 2609 laundry bags 

which brings us to a total of 12896 since we started...

and...

We have also sent 1267 quilts 

bringing our total since we started to over 6557 quilts




Bev U 


Bridget


Cheri embroidered the patch in the middle of this quilt, the blocks top and bottom are BOMs and the rest is Bridget's work; truly a joint effort.


Kay D created the embroidered blocks and Bridget created the quilt aroind them.  A name has been covered in the centre so as not to give away the surprise....


Bridget


Cath H 


Cath W




Clarissa



Deb



Deb B 

Diann


Fiona 


Fran T



Joan 



Julie Ann




June




Kay D 



Kay G 


Lorraine H 



Maree J 


Raeleen


Raelyne


Robyn B 



Sue B



Sue N 


Tamsin 


Thelma



April 


Jenny W 


Sue N 


Bev BOMs and Philomena


Jenny W

Rita C


Sue N


Sue S




April



Gorgeous quilts and great laundry bags.
Awesome job everyone.

Till next time......... keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx

4 comments:

  1. Another fantastic collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly shows ... the love that has gone into making these wonderful quilts and laundry bags. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly shows ... the love that has gone into making these wonderful quilts and laundry bags. xox

    ReplyDelete