Friday 22 July 2016

Weekly Dispatches 22 Jul 16

Quick update before the Show and Tell of awesome quilts and LBs you have been sending off.

Firstly a big thank you for all your lovely well wishes for my husband and I on our wedding anniversary.  I would like to say that we had a lovely evening out but he was in Canberra for work and I was in Sydney. We won't be indulging in a special dinner this weekend either as we have to sort out the inventory of what has been lost in the fire as much as we can and we have upwards of thirty boxes of things that have been retrieved from the house by the salvage company to sort through.  It all has to be done this weekend so there is no option but to get on with it.   We will celebrate simply somehow, just grateful that we are both alive and uninjured as the more we find out about the fire, the more we are aware that we are lucky to be able to celebrate at all.

For those of you who have made random laundry bags and quilts to be sent off please be patient.  The issue i have is time. At the moment I am trying hard to bring the request list up to date.  I can't confidently allocate quilts and laundry bags if I do not know who has made what.  Already we have had some double ups because people have not reminded me what they are making.

PLEASE PLEASE if you have made or been allocated a quilt or a laundry bag between the 15th of May - 13 June, and if you have not already advised Lisa K or myself, please do so.  I have lost a month's worth of records and if you have been allocated a quilt during that period I do not have it recorded.   I can't do this alone people.  I need your help.  If in doubt please check the dates of your emails. That would be really helpful.

I will be away next week. I am making a flying trip to Canberra and Wagga to fulfil a longstanding commitment.  I will be delivering this year's Soldier On Fund Raising Quilt (it looks awesome!!!) and to also deliver a quilt to a very patient recipient on the Thursday.  On the Friday I will be travelling across to Wagga to attend a much anticipated Kapooka March Out and after that I will have the opportunity to meet up with Meaghan, who although not a recipient, was kind enough to set up the amazing Go Fund Me account that so many of you have contributed to.

I will be working all the time though so will be trying to keep up with emails etc as much as possible.

I have a bunch of posts that are overdue being shared but the stumbling block is the time it takes to write them properly.    My next goal is to get the "Welcome Home" post for HMAS Darwin done before everyone forgets she ever deployed!  Fingers crossed for this weekend.

Hopefully, if I can, I will call for those who have made random bags and quilts to email me with pictures in the week of 1 August so that I can start allocating them.  Please feel free to remind me if I don't, although it wont be till after the Monday as that is request list day and always too busy for extra things.

And now time for Show and Tell.

So far for 2016 we have sent off 1708 laundry bags 

which brings us to a total of  9528 since we started...

and...

We have also sent 780 quilts 

bringing our total since we started to over 6061 quilts.

Ann W 


Anna N



This quilt top was sent to me by the mother of a serving member but with the fire I have no record of her name.  If you made this quilt top please let me know. Bridget took it and brought it up to our standard size and added the recipient's name (name hidden so as to not spoil the surprise!)  It was quilted by Cath M.



Carol W


Clarissa


Corrina


Debbie D



Di T




Diann


Felicity


Fran T




Pat and Helen G


Bridget


Irene


Jackie


This was made by one of the lovely ladies who participated at a sewing day at RAAF Glenbrook.... but I have lost my records of who is was.... if you know please let me know....


Jacqui D


Jan M





Janeen B


Janet H


Janis


Jean











Jenny P


Jenny P



Jan-Maree





Joan
















Joan H


Joy C


Julie S


Kay C


Kaye G






Kaye G








Kaylee





Keryn






Laura K


Lisa N



 Lisa S


Lyn K




Lynette L-L





Lynn and Lisa N


Lynn and Lorraine



Lynn and Tess



Margaret B



Margaret L


Michelle McN



Nancy




Pat and Helen G


Patsy





Pennie



Raeleen



Robyn W VIC



Rita M




Robyn W VIC




Robyn W NSW


Ruth J


Shirley D


Sue N





Sue S




Suzannah R


Val Ma



Awesome show and tell everyone.

Till next time............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx

4 comments: