Monday 25 July 2016

Requests 25 July 2016

Hi all
Here is the request list for this week.  We have a bit of catching up to do but it can’t be helped. We will just have to do what we can.

Before anything else…Please please, please keep an eye on the blog.   This is my most effective way of keeping you all informed with what is going on and I really need your help supplying info when asked so that I can get the request list and other data sources up to date after the fire.

I am not yet able to write posts every night but I am working towards it. 

Just a reminder, if you have volunteered to make a quilt during the period 16 May to 13 June please let me know. I have lost those records and really need to reconstruct them. If you have already told Lisa then no problems. In the mean time please do not send emails to Lisa unless we ask you to again. All emails should now come to me at friendsofAHQ@gmail.com

Here is this week’s list.   Anything you are not sure of.. JUST ASK!

POST BY DATE

The post by date for the rest of the requests in this week’s list 29 August.  PLEASE note the date and let me know if you have any problems getting your quilt/LB away on time. In fact, if you are going to be late posting it please let me know BEFORE you post it.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE copy the ENTIRE line if you wish to nominate for a quilt or laundry bag.  This is really important to make sure that neither you nor I copy the wrong number which could lead to me giving you the wrong details for specific request.

B=both quilt and laundry bag (feel free to nominate to JUST do the laundry bag if you wish)
Q= just a quilt
LB = just a laundry bag

Requests in pink are for girls.

Please note, from next week I will start to allocate any random quilts and laundry bags you have made whilst we have been in reconstruction made but if you see a request on the list and your quilt/Laundry bag will fit it please let me know.

Remember, you do not have to include everything they have asked for.    Footy quilts do not need to have the logo or even the team name. Using the team colours is all that is required. Simple is perfectly acceptable.  A number of these requests have given you favourite colours as well as footy teams or other hobbies and interests.    It is fine to make a quilt using their favourite colours and include only one of their interests.  It is fine to keep it simple.

If there is more than one request on this list that you would be happy to do I suggest that you send me a list of requests and tell me how many you want to be allocated…. Ie one of the following please….  There are always a few requests that everyone wants to do (and I can never pick them) so if the first one you ask for is taken then I can allocate another from your list if I have a list.

A quick note… even if you receive the request list every week, please take the time to skim over this preamble.  I edit it to make it relevant every week and I know that many of you are not reading it by the questions I am being asked. It takes you just a minute or two to scan it but takes me considerably longer to read and answer the emails I receive ….. please give me a hand in this. Your assistance is appreciated.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree

NOTE
Aussie flags and sometimes Union Jacks, available at Spotlight
Words and names etc can be embroidered and sent to you to incorporate in your quilt to avoid you having to applique them.  Just ask me.
RED LEAD – this is a black cat associated with the history of HMAS Perth. I had the details but lost them in the fire – am working on getting them back. Please let me know if you need  them.




Deadpool star wars batman
Q
1
A herd of wild brumbies running across the slopes of the Snowy Mountains.
Q
2
Brumbys Sport Team
Q
3
My favourite colour is blue. I like snowboarding, hiking and other outdoor activities.
Q only
4
REDS, ORANGES
MARVEL SUPERHERO E.G DEADPOOL
Q only
5
Orange and Brown, Australian Flag, Rising Sun, Forklifts / Cranes
Q only
6
Blue, Cars, Engines, motor bikes
B
7
sailing, reading, grandchildren and cryptic crosswords
B
8
Clouds
Q
9
Bicycle theme
Q
10
Queensland Reds Rugby Union
Q
11
Red Lead / DPNU (this is the Navy camo fabric and I can send you a little / HMAS Perth
B
12
Karate kid or Melbourne Demons
Q
13
Lion King or My little Pony
B
14
Dragon Ball Z /Pokemon/The Little Mermaid
Q
15
Air Jordan/Sneakers
Q
16
Tropical theme/Townsville Cowboys
Q
17
Dragon Ball z
Q
18
Australian White Ensign
Q
19
Victoria Bitter Beer
Q
20
Nautical or Navy
Q
21
Aussie flag/white ensign
Q
22
Aussie Flag/Australian White Ensign/ Navy
Q
23
Pokemon (Original)
B
24
HMAS Perth/City of Perth Flag
B
25
South Australian Beer
B
26
SA State Flag
Q
27
Aussie Flag in black and white. HMAS Perth and helicopters, Red Lead, Name Badge
B
28
Batman
Q
29
Canberra Raiders
Q
30
Blue Star Wars
LB
31
Sci-fi, Star Wars and Star Trek (old one with William shatner), but pretty keen on any Sci-Fi.
Q
32
Essendon and Broncos
Q
33
Parachuting
B
34
Blue and airforce
B
35
Batman
Q
36
Australian flag, soccer and RAAF, game of thrones (stark)
Q
37
Camo, hunting  (I am starting to get some camo fabric in but you can also use the sort you can buy in Spotlight for this)
B
38
Star Wars, How to train your dragon
Q
39
Aussie flag and Sydney
Q
40
Military aircraft - old and new, Aussie outback, border collies
Q
41
Cavalier Dogs, NASA, Sci-Fi, Clydesdale horses
Q
42
Navy, fighter planes, aussie flag
B
43
AFL North Melbourne, Blue, white and Cricket
B
44
Aussie flag and Kiwi flag
B
45
Stand up Paddle Boarding and surfing
B
46
Blue cars, Mazda
B
47
North Qld Cowboys
LB
48
Star Wars
Q
49
Richmond Tigers AFL footy team
Q
50
Green, RAAF theme

I’m thinking of a c130j with a couple of man in full attire standing on guard around it to represent our aircraft security role with the raaf ensign as the background and green for the edging to represent our green field role if possible
B
51
CSU Patch (pic available) and Aussie Flag
B
52
North Queensland Cowboys
Q
53
Aussie theme, Batman symbol
Q Only
54
Aussie flag, RAAF Flag 2016, red and black
Q Only
55
Blue, white, red. Military working dogs theme. Aussie and RAAF flag
Q Only
56
Aus/United Arab Emerites/ Mechanical / welding if possible theme Please.  Thankyou so much for all your support
Q
57
Quilt- wombat in centre with earth moving machinery/ aus flag/ RAAF roundel. Name 'Brown' at the top, word 'cheese' at the bottom
Q
58
aussie theme, Rooster symbol, Initials MCJ, RMJ, HSJ.
Q Only
59
Blue green, interested in flags, hobbies, military vehicle and aircraft.
Q
60
Formula 1 Racing Cars, Darth Vader, Dinorsaurs
Q
61
quilt that has a map of the world or certain attractions in europe like the eiffel tower, london bridge which i will visit at the end of the year. I'm also in the navy so a blue quilt would be lovely".  
Q
62
Green and Gold, boxing kangaroo, ned kelly, eureka stockade, poppies
Q
63
Australian flag for both quilt and laundry bag
Q
64
Aussie theme, Blue, red, whte.Written OP ACCORDION. Overseas medal colours also
Q Only
65
Military working dog theme, grey, black, red, aussie flag and RAAF ensign somewhere
Q Only
66
Blue and Red
Country, horse riding, bushwalking, sunsets
Q
67
Could I please have something to do with Medical and military. I like the colour's  Blue, white and Green. Thank you so much.
Q
68
Surfing theme quilt with the southern cross and the words coalition fire CSU 15. That very be very apreciated thankyou very much.
B
69
desert background with a smoking camel, also have the Australian flag on there and Middle East written on it if possible. Thanks for your continued support.
B
70
aviation/aircraft theme.  My favourite colours are black, blue and red if that helps.  Thank you for your ongoing support, it is much appreciated!
B
71
Hi, Could I please have a boxing kangaroo theme if possible. Something green and gold go the aussies. Thanks so much for your ongoing support. You guys are champs!!
B
72
Can I please get a desert themed with UAE, Aussie and CSU flags if possible with a fire truck as well.
B
73
Can I please have the coalition flags for Op Accordian if possible, the countries are: UK, US, Netherlands, Italy, NZ Australia and UAE. If possible can you also add a CSU flag.
B
74
Can I please request the Australian Flag, The UAE flag, CSU Flag and the RAAF Roundel if possible. The rest of the quilt in shades of blue. Thank you for your tireless efforts and support.
B
75
Aussie Flag / NZ Flag
B
76
Would like children's names on quilt
Q
77
Would like RAAF Airfield Engineer's badge on the quilt please (pic available)
LB
78
Southern cross / ANZAC Theme with a Wolf if possible red and black
B
79
Newcastle Knights
LB
81
Avatar the last air bender blue red green
B
82
red white and blue
Q
83
Fishing and surfing
Q
84

Till next time..............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree  xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan-Maree
    I am doing a quilt for a sailor on the HMAS Perth. Can you tell me the post date please

    ReplyDelete