Wednesday 6 July 2016

Gratitude Post

G'day all,

I have been trying to get the time to edit this post to share but time has been filled with so many unexpected things since the fire so I have decided that I need to make a change for the time being.  Instead of trying to edit the whole post, here is a manageable section of it.  

First up, here is the latest article about Aussie Heroes that has gone to print.  I was tempted not to share it as it is a little embarressing but I knew you would like to see it. 

Thank you does not go far enough to express how grateful I am for all the love and support that my family and I have received since the 12th of June but at the moment, thank you is all I have.

"Pulling the threads together in a crisis..."

Before the fire, these photos were published on the Defence Image Gallery but I did not have time to publish them and share them with you. 

The top one features the gorgeous ANZAC Tribute Quilt that now hangs in the ANZAC R2E Hospital in Iraq.   Love this photo.  


And the next two photos feature the quilts we made and sent to the Hospital to adorn the beds there. 
I have had a number of comments passed to me about these quilts over the months since they have been there.  To say they are appreciated is an understatement. 



and now for some of our other wonderful thank you messages....
.....


Jan-Maree Ball, 
                                I would like to thank you and all the Aussie Hero Quilts personnel who give up the time and energy into making all the wonderful quilts and laundry bags. I have received my quilt (by Carol B) and laundry bag (by Wendy F) and I am pleased with my Cronulla Sharks theme.  They will both be used for a long time to come thank you all again

.....

Good Morning Jan Maree,



I would like to thank you and all the wonderful ladies at Aussie Hero Quilts for my Quilt and Dhoby bag i received a few months ago. I have sent the ladies a personal thankyou, but i would like to extend my thanks to you and the ladies for doing such a wonderful thing. It really is something that we all will cherise for our entire lifetime. 

Kind Regards,

.....

Hi Jean,


I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the great laundry bag you have made for me, absolutely love it. Spot on with everything, I used to drive a VW when I was younger. The job that
people like yourself do at Aussie Heroes is amazing and certainly a morale booster while away from family and friends, and makes things feel a bit more homely.

Once again thank you very much.

Regards,
.....


Dear Raeleen,
I am blown away by your quilt, I love it!
It captured me perfectly! I've attached a couple of photos.
Thanks also for the Timtams, biros and the Rugby League week! Can't get any of them over here.
I grew up in the Cronulla area as a kid and following the Sharkies is my way of staying involved with the area I grew up in, even though I haven't lived there for over 2 decades since joining the Air Force. I think I'm more one-eyed than the locals :) The Sharkies are having a good year in 2016. Which is a nice change - we haven't ever won the flag even after 50 years in the comp, so hopefully this is the year.
The Sharks have won 9 straight recently, in fact they haven't lost a game since I started growing my away from home Mo. The wife isn't too happy that it might have to stay on until we lift the trophy in October.

I love surfing too and we live near the beach in the Hunter Valley NSW, I can't wait to go for a surf when I get home to the family.

Finally, you nailed the aircraft picture. It's a photo of Aircraft A21-114, one of our 2 seat trainers which I have flown many times! Joy rides are pretty tough to get these days Raeleen! Particularly given all our jets here are single seaters. I  do plan on taking your quilt flying with me while I'm here though, so a piece of you will be up with me!

Thanks also for your letter.  We are all proud to serve and represent Australia doing our job over here. We are definitely making a difference for some people less fortunate then those of us who are lucky enough to live in Australia.

Mostly Raeleen, thanks for taking the time and effort to think of us over here in the Desert. Sometimes you feel a long way from Australia. Things like this really make a big difference to our mentality. It's nice to know we have the support of some fair dinkum Aussies back home.

.....

Hi Raelene & Natalie,

Thank you for making a blanket for me. I really appreciate you spending the time to make it and thinking of me and my mates who are serving overseas.


Thanks again
.....

Dear Jan-Maree

My beautiful quilt has arrived. It is what I had hoped for, bright and cheery - adding colour to the deployed space. I have showed it off to my colleagues, and as always we are impressed with the care and thoughtfulness of those who give their time to make these works of art for us.

The support from caring people at home makes my job more important to me. Thank you very much to you and the Aussie Hero Quilts team, special thanks to the Rainbow Connection Quilters.
.....


Dear Jo,


I was very surprised and excited to receive my quilt from you today. I am overwhelmed with the exceptional level of quality that you have put into it. It is exactly what I hoped for and I cannot thank you enough.

I have been in the Air Force for nearly 20 years as a aircraft technician. I have thoroughly enjoyed my whole career so far and hope to continue it for another 20 years (if my body and soul can get through it). It is very hot over here at the moment, was 51 degrees the other day. It was like standing in front of your blow dryer for the whole day.

I have a family, wife who is also a Air Force member and two small boys (6 and 4) and we also have a fur baby. 


This is my seventh deployment to the middle east in 13 years. I could probably qualify for dual citizenship. The work that the Aussie Heroes team including yourself is a fantastic initiative and is completely appreciated by all the serving men and women. My wife still has her Quilt made for her when she was here in 2014 and she cherishes it dearly.


I wish you and your family the absolute best.  I will cherish this gift and pass it down to my children when they are old enough to appreciate its worth. Thanks once again for your time and dedication. 

.....


Hi Jean, I just received the fantastic laundry bag you have sewed for me and sent over. I just wanted to thank you for the great letter as well with a bit about you. Coffs is a great place. 
I really appreciate the design and work you put into the bag. It's a great piece of colour in my bed space in the tent. 
We have seven guys all on shift work in my tent so it's kept pretty dark all the time inside. I have attached a picture to show you how good the bag looks. 
I also want to thank you from all the other defence personnel you have sewed bags for. We really appreciate it and it's worth every stitch. 
I'm a long way from home in   Perth and can't wait to see my wife and kids in few months.
I will try and get a pic of me with the bag outside the tent in the next few days and send it through. 

.....

I promise I will share more thank you messages as I get time to edit them.

Till next time......keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

Jan-Maree xx

3 comments:

  1. As always so good to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful recognition for everyone involved. Well done everyone in making a difference in the lives of those dedicated service personnel serving overseas.

    ReplyDelete