Tuesday 8 March 2016

Grati-Tuesday 8 March

Only a short post tonight.  Not many thank you messages received this week and no photos that I can publish. It goes like that sometimes. Not a big deal. 

Please don't forget to share if you receive thank you message.  I remove the personal information and then share it on this page to encourage those that do not hear back from their recipients. 

Let's enjoy the messages that we did receive....
.....

Hello Sandy and Trevor,

thank you so very much for the excellent Laundry bag that I can see has been sewn with great care and expertise. My mother has been doing crafty things with her sewing machine all her life and really appreciated your work when I sent a photo to her.

I have only been in the Middle East for a few weeks and it was mentioned in the initial briefs about Aussie Heroes Quilts. I was still surprised to find a newly opened box of five Laundry bags on the counter at the Post Office so I had a few to choose from. After careful consideration, I picked yours and found your letter inside when I got back to the accommodation. Emails are good, but there is something about receiving a hand written letter  when you can handle the paper and see the unique writing style that tells it's own story so I thank you for that as well.

I was also happy that I chose yours as I am South Australian born and bred and grew up in Murray Bridge. I have certainly been to XXXXX many times and know the XXXX fairly well, it is a beautiful part of the world and quite a bit greener than what I'll be seeing for a few months.

Life is pretty good over here and the accommodation and food is of a good standard. I guess the worst of it is missing family and friends but the internet and modern communications make that so much better than it would of been even ten years ago.

I've even managed to catch a few peeks at some Crows pre-seasons games live from Australia which is an unexpected treat for me.  Are you a Crows, Power, both or don't care household? I suppose another option is that you support an out of state team.  

You mentioned that you felt humbled to make the laundry bags for us serving overseas. I must say that I felt very humbled that a team of volunteers who don't personally know me or the other chaps and ladies here would gladly put in the time and effort to create these individual and beautifully constructed Laundry bags and quilts. It does make a difference to know that you appreciate what we are doing over here and I often think that things we can't measure such as kindness and sharing a hand made gift are the most important things in life.

So in closing, your Laundry bag did make it to the Middle East and has found a very grateful recipient.

Thank you for what you do and all the best to you and Trevor.

.....

Dear Irene,

Yesterday I was lucky enough to receive a Hero Quilt from you.  It goes without saying that I am absolutely thrilled with it!   It has totally exceeded my expectations and is currently in pride of place in my quarters – it suits perfectly and the colours and pattern are excellent!                                                                                                                               
You are certainly very skilled, especially having made 45 quilts so far.   A group of us here started some knitting for a charity a couple of weeks ago, and I will freely admit I need more practice!  It is oddly relaxing, even though I have never done knitting before.

Everyone here greatly appreciates all the amazing work you people put in, and there are countless colourful and varied Hero Quilts and laundry bags hanging up in offices and rooms around the camp.  They all come highly recommended and are prized as very personal keepsakes of our time here.   We all feel very proud to be over here lending a hand, and I feel very privileged to have the opportunity to help out.

Thank you once again for all of your selfless work and your letter (which is now pinned up in my office).
I will be recommending you to everyone, so apologies if you get a sudden influx of orders!


All the best for 2016, and keep up the brilliant work.
.....

For a quilt made by Joanne H (QLD)

Jan-Maree,

Thank you for the quilt and laundry bag. I received the items whilst I was away and this is the first opportunity to say thanks.I really appreciate the work and effort thats gone into making them

All the best in the future  Live Long and Prosper
....



Good Morning Marilyn,

        I received the quilt yesterday when I arrived back in the Middle East after my two weeks leave back home.
The quilt is really really awesome may I say regardless of not having any JD symbols on it.

Regards,
.....




Dianne, Heather, Dot and Jan-Maree

I would like to thank you for your kind gift of a hero quilt. The design blew me away and I have to say it is the nicest thing anyone has made for me. I am amazed that you found so many Australian animal prints. You all did a great job and we truly appreciate the kind thought, time and craftmanship that goes into making a quilt. The lollies & Tim Tams were very much appreciated by us all too.

A bit of my background. I am a Nurse in the Regular Army and have just passed my 20 year mark. I have deployed overseas on many different missions, such as war-like, non-warlike and humanitarian aid on land and naval vessels, and love my job. Out of all my deployments, I have never had a kind gift like an Aussie Hero quilt.

I hope you all enjoyed the challenge and hope you stick by this wonderful organisation, as it really does make us feel proud to be Australian and knowing we have support back home makes this job more bearable.

Thanks again.
.....




Hello Donna and Chris,

I'd like to say thank you so much for my beautiful quilt and laundry bag!!  It blows me away how much detail and effort you have put into it!!  Word cannot describe how much I appreciate it!!    

Your quilt came at a time of sadness in my life, but after receiving it, my world just felt that much more brighter by receiving my beautiful gift!!  

I'd like to thank you and Aussie Hero Quilts once again for the fabulous work you do!!  This afternoon, those of us who have received our quilts will be taking a photo to send back to Australia, so keep your eye out on Facebook as I think it will be appearing on the HMAS Darwin armed forces page!!

I hope your day is filled with as much joy and colour as you have provided me!!
.....




Hi Deni

        I would like to say thank you very much for my awesome quilt, it is fantastic. It captures everything I love doing especially the cricket patches. I have 3 children, two boys who take after me and are cricket mad.  I still play grade with my younger son and had the pleasure to play grade with both of them just prior to my deployment to the Middle East. My daughter is a dancer and does everything from classical ballet to cheer  (her cheer team currently hold 3 National Titles) she just loves it.
Again thank you for the awesome quilt, thank you for taking the time to support us, it is greatly appreciated
.....

Hi Jan-Maree,

I received my quilt in the mail on the 6th Mar. It is a fabulous quilt and thank you and all people involved with making it. I also received my laundry bag, some time ago now not sure on the date. I would also like to thank the person who made it. I really like that someone has come up with an idea like this and how much support it gets from everyone deployed overseas. I'm glad that I was able to submit an order for something as touching and personal as a laundry bag and quilt made by people who really care about our deployed servicemen and women.

I thank you again and all people involved xoxo

.....



It is 830am for me as I write this and I have a busy day ahead.   I have a volunteer coming soon to learn to do some of the admin for Aussie Heroes (hallelujah).  She finishes at 1030 and at 1130 I am meeting a visiting South Australian quilter, Jackie J, and her husband for lunch and a chat. Back home again and then at 4pm leaving to meet a soon to deploy chaplain.   A good day ahead but a busy one.  

Till next time.............................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!
Jan-Maree xx



3 comments:

  1. Love the thankyou's always so heartfelt, if not prolific this week....We get it though, they love the quilts and laundry bags and we love making them for them eh? Life's good :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always great to hear from hear from recipient's.
    Good for you to get some help with admin.
    Sandy A.

    ReplyDelete