Monday 24 March 2014

Penrith Sewing Day Report.

 Hi all,

We had a great Sewing Day in Penrith yesterday and got lots done.   

Caroline created the first two blocks for this month's block of the month and they look great.  If you want to get sorted for it in advance then we will be asking you to make your blocks in monochrome fabrics  - so solids, mottled, tone on tone prints but no multi-coloured prints please.  Hope that is not to hard for you all but we think the resulting quilts will be really striking.  If you need to buy some fabric 30cm cuts are a good length to buy.  If you buy 2 30cm lengths in two colours you will end up with 8 blocks if your cutting is accurate.

Next Caroline jumped in and started helping me with a bunch of quilts that needed some applique completed on them.  I am pleased to say that by the time I went to bed last night, with the help that Caroline gave me, all 12 quilt tops were completed and now just need ironing (and then I can find backings and so on before sending them off to Stephanie.


The other ladies sewed up a storm of laundry bags.
Rachel came along for her first sewing day with us.


Carolyn is one of our sewing day regulars.


Kiwi Karen, another Penrith regular, was there for a short time before she had to head of  to a birthday party but she managed to sew up a cute Noah's ark themed laundry bag before she left.  The rest of these laundry bags were sewn up by Rachel and Carolyn and, if my memory serves me correctly, all of these were cut out and sent down to me by Angela in Brisbane, many from donated fabrics.






We were also joined for the second time by Kylie 


and the lovely Maddy





who came along to sew a special laundry bag for a fellow lateral transfer from the Brits who is now in the Aussie Army and is currently deployed.  He now has a very appropriate double sided 


laundry bag on its way to him.


Our next sewing day is at my home this Thursday the 27th.  All welcome, non-sewers included.  BYO lunch and sewing machine (if you are sewing) and I will provide the rest. 
Email me (friendsofAHQ@gmail.com) , call me (0422227019) or PM me on facebook for the address if you have not been here before. 

Scheduling the next sewing day proved a bit of a challenge with the school holidays and Easter coming up but we went for the 13th of April which is the first weekend of the school holidays.  Hope you can make it. Same as always, BYO lunch and sewing machine and I will provide the rest.  It is really good if you can let me know if you are coming as I can make sure I am organised with enough to keep up going but don't have to pack more than we need.

Till next time.................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx









No comments:

Post a Comment