Tuesday 11 March 2014

Grati-Tuesday March 11th

Well, while you are all reading this tonight about 16 of us will be partaking at the Pot Luck Dinner at my home.   Photos and tales tomorrow night.

Enjoy these thank you messages!  :-)

Thank you so much for the Quilt and Bag. I couldn't be happier with the design. It truly is an honour to know that people will set aside there time to make such things for us. You call us hero's but it is the people behind the scenes such as yourselves that help us through the everyday trials we face who are the hero's. So on behalf of all of us over here we thank you.



Kind Regards, 

.....

Hi Sarianna,

I just wanted to let you know that I received my beautiful quilt and laundry bag that you made for me. I am sorry that I have taken so long to send you this email however I was waiting to get a photo for you! Your kindness and efforts are really appreciated, and are what really brought warmth to my Afghanistan winter.

Here are some pics of my quilt on the Heron Unmanned Aerial Vehicle. I hope you like them! Xxx


.....

Dear Joan,


I was very pleased to receive my laundry bag which you created and your kind note. Yes, it was inspiring to see the level of detail and workmanship that went into its creation. Also, thank you for put a theme to it as I am a made keen fisherman so again it now has a special place in my accommodation and will be used regularly to show it off.
Kindest regards and I hope Sydney stay sunny as per your card. 

.....


This one for a quilt made by Debbie



Hi  Jan
        Sorry for late reply I have been away for a few weeks with work, I received the quilt and it was amazing thank you guys so much for the time and effort you put into it. Really means allot.

Kindest Regards 
.....



Good Morning Jan,

I just wanted to let you know that I have received my quilt in yesterday's mail drop. I wanted to thank you for coordinating this brilliant idea and I thank you for passing on my interest/request for a quilt. I will send an e-mail to 'Dolphin Quilters' and a little thank you in the mail in the coming days.

Thanks once again. 

...


Hi Sue N,

Thank you so much for the Dhoby Bag (Bonus) and Quilt, I am extremely happy with it, thank you.  I hope your family and friends are proud of your work and the efforts your putting in for us. I am very happy, humbled and appreciative of the quilt and dhoby bag.

Thank you so much 

.....

Hello Sue,
I am currently serving in Dubai.  I am originally from XXXXX. I moved to Australia in 1999 to learn English. When I became a resident, I decided that joining the Army would be a great way to say 'Thank you' to Australia for embracing me. I do love it and I am very proud to be part of the ADF.   I received your laundry bag with your lovely letter.  I love cats myself too! Thank you for your kind present. I hope you and your family are well.
Kind regards.
.....

Hi Jan-Maree,


Just letting you know that my Hero Quilt arrived safe & sound today and it is fantastic. Thanks so much for organising this for me, it is greatly appreciated.

Hi Cath,

Thank you so much for making the hero quilt for me. This is my fifth deployment to the middle east but the first time I have requested a hero quilt. I am very happy that I did, as it will give me great memories of your support for years to come and will hold pride of place in my home, wherever the Army decides that will be for me & my wife who is also in the Army.

I was born & bred in QLD myself and met my wife there while at high school.

Tell XXXXX that I don't drive a tank anymore, I did a long time ago (20 years ago) when I first joined the Army. Since then I have gone back to university in my spare time and got an Accounting degree and I am now a Finance Officer dealing with money. I'll leave tank driving to the young people.

Thanks 
.....


Good afternoon Joan and Robin,

I would just like to let you know that I have received the laundry bag and blanket today.  Could you please pass on my thanks to Katherine (who made the quilt).  They are great.  It is so good to have a little bit of home whilst over here.  Your efforts for everyone here are greatly appreciated and I thank you all for what you are  doing.

Love it Love it Love it.

Cheers

.....
Louise made this quilt top, Caroline added the boxing kangaroo to personalise it for the recipient then quilted and bound the quilt.


Hey Caroline, look what arrived - it's awesome! Thank you so much....


.....


Hi Stephanie, 

                          As you are probably aware I am the lucky individual who you made an Aussie Hero Quilt for. 

I'd just like to start by passing on how greatly appreciated the work Aussie Hero Quilts are doing for us whilst we are overseas, it is such a lovely feeling to receive something whilst on deployment from someone who is, to be honest, a complete stranger. 

I loved the quilt and thought it was beautifully made, and the letter you attached to it was so very nice and made me very proud to be an Australian knowing that there are people such as yourself out there. 

I think it is an excellent thing that you included your grandchildren, my grandparents did similar things with me when i was smaller and I definitely agree that it instills a train of thought to always think about others and never take anything for granted and to recognize those who put themselves out for others, not just people in the ADF but anybody in general, much like yourself who go out of the way just to do something to make someones else's day a little better. 

I feel honored and privileged to have received your quilt, as did everyone who also received a quilt. 

I hope that you get this email,Ii will endeavour to try and get some photos of me and the quilt if you would like?? 

Thankyou very much once again and i cant thank you enough. 

Kind Regards,  

.....


Good Morning Louise,

I just wanted to e-mail you and let you know I got the quilt you made me.

Your kind words on the back sewn in were heart warming and I'm happy and proud to say I serve my country. I can't thank you enough for the quilt and the beautiful colours and design you created just for me. It has truly brightened up my personal space on board and I will use it all through the trip for movie afternoons. 

Thank you once again for spending the time to make me such a special memento.


.....


The following email is for a quilt that was made by Sue N.

Hi Jan,


I received my quilt and washing bag and also a nice little word game to play. It was such an amazing gift to receive, I was blown away by how much attention to detail the quilt has, it really is an amazing one of a kind. I really liked the personal touch the of adding the Finnish flag (my partners nationality) to the reverse side, this has made it that extra bit special for me and I would just like to say thanks. I know when that mail drop came to the ship there were allot of smiling facing and I know mine was because of you guys.
Thank you so much for the work you are doing, it really means allot that there are so many people out there thinking of us.
.....


What a lovely bunch of messages.   I have one more message before I go!


Carol from the Turramurra Twins could not join us tonight for the dinner as she is out celebrating her 65th birthday!  Hope you have a lovely evening Carol!




Till next time............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx



1 comment:

  1. What a lovely lot of messages! Happy Birthday Carol, and all of you enjoy your pot luck dinner.

    ReplyDelete