Saturday 30 November 2013

A Letter from the Chief of Air Force

Yesterday I received a letter and tonight I was asked to share the sentiments contained it in it at the dinner.   I wanted to share this with all of you who have supported Aussie Heroes. That includes those who have sewn for us, be it one quilt, one laundry bag or many.  It also includes those who have supported us with with donations of materials, money or otherwise.  I wanted to make sure that those of you who could not attend the dinner were able to read it as well tonight.
  





Aussie Hero Quilts
c/- Mrs Jan-Maree Ball
friendsofAHQ@gmail.com



Dear Jan-Maree

I have recently been reminded of the outstanding work being undertaken by your organisation and dedicated volunteers.  Your commitment to the serving men and women of the Australian Defence Force, our wounded warriors program and families is simply staggering and your selfless efforts epitomise all that is true and good about the Australian Spirit.

Your gifts have a tremendously uplifting effect on our members, which remind them that they are never alone and that their service and sometimes sadly, their personal sacrifices, are valued by the Australian Community.

I understand that your volunteers recently achieved a milestone of 2,200 quilts since January 2012, and in excess of 3,600 Laundry Bags.  This is a truly outstanding achievement and you should be extremely proud.

I am sorry that I cannot be with you for your dinner in Brisbane on 30 November, however, I extend my thoughts and appreciation to each and everyone of you on this night.

Yours sincerely,


G.C. Brown, AO
Air Marshall
Chief of Air Force

29 November 2013





I used the opportunity that tonight presented me to thank a few special people.  My husband, David, for one, for his quiet support and continual acceptance for my passion for Aussie Heroes.  I also thanked three people whose support, often behind the scenes, has made my job much easier and a whole lot less lonely.  They are Debbie, Angela and Caroline.

Finally I would like to thank all of you who have supported us.  I may have started Aussie Heroes but I am one person.  There are hundreds of you who have helped achieve what we have in the last 2 years.  Do not underestimate the contribution each of you has made. Whether it be quilts, laundry bags, blocks, quilting, fabric, post satchels, financial support, spreading the word or heart felt messages of encouragement.  Everything helps and every contribution makes a difference.  

I am excited by possibilities that the future holds for Aussie Heroes.  I don't know how many quilts and laundry bags we will have made by the end of next year, but I do know one thing - whatever we do achieve is more than was being done in the past and we are making a difference.

Till next time...................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx

3 comments: