Wednesday 23 October 2013

Happy Mail 23 October

Greetings all. 

Just before I proceed with tonight's normal program I have some spaces left in the latest mystery Quilt if any of you are interested.  Just send me a stamped self-address envelope to PO BOX 248, Cherrybrook NSW 2126 and I will send you instructions and fabric.

Time for some happy mail and this first quilt top just does not get much happier as far as I am concerned. When I received this one from Karen B I put it up on the design wall and just sat back and enjoyed it for a few minutes. How gorgeous!  Love the colour in this one.



Karen B also sent this quilt top 



And this one.  Great quilt tops Karen!



Karen is also the first to send in a Block of the Month block for this one.  LOL  I don't think you all like this one too much.  Oh well, you can't win them all.    The next month's BOM might be more up your alley - it is a reprise of a block we did last year. Wait and see.



Janine sent in these great BOM blocks from September.  Love these colours too.


Finally Lynn sent in this two quilt tops.  Simple two colour quilts but they have a charm all of their own.





Tonight I can show you the prize you will win if your laundry bag is chosen as the best on the night of the dinner. This was also donated by the fellow I call the Money Honey.  If you don't know who I mean then you can check out this post.  I haven't had a chance to have this one valued yet.  It is not easy to find a jeweler who will give me a value without charging me so I am still looking in to it.  What I can tell you is that this was bought in Kandahar and the chain is silver.  Personally I think it is gorgeous and I would be quite happy to wear it. 



I won't show you any of the laundry bags that have arrived with Angela as yet but here are a few to inspire you.  Remember you can make one in a military theme, an Aussie theme or a funny one.  Don't you love the animal crackers on the inside of this one.









Everyone, even those who cannot attend, is invited to make a laundry bag. You can make an Aussie themed one, a military themed one or a fun one.  

All laundry bags are to be sent to

Angela (Aussie Heroes)
PO Box 5411
Brendale  QLD  4500

Please do not send them to me
I don't want to have to carry them or send them to Brisbane.

Till next time............keep spreading the word and happy stitching.  JMxx

No comments:

Post a Comment