Friday 27 September 2013

Weekly Dispatches 27 September

G'day all.  

Hope this finds you all doing well and looking forward to your weekend.  I always feel a little guilty when I go to write that on a Friday night as I know for our troops on Op Slipper there is not really a weekend to look forward to.   So, if you are at home with your loved ones, make sure you make the most of it and spare a thought for the guys and girls who get up and go to work on Saturday and Sunday just as they do on the other days and also spare a thought for those families back home who are missing someone over the weekend.  

I happen to know that some of our recipients arrived home this passed week and so this weekend will be extra special as it will be the first they have spent with their families for sometime.  Hope it is everything you have been dreaming of for the past few months!

The tally so far.  

27 quilts this week and 33 laundry bags.  

1085 quilts and 2003 laundry bags for 2013.  

2093 quilts and 3369 laundry bags in total. 


Anne M


Beth completed this quilt and it wasn't until she went to send the photo to me later that she realised that she had photographed the quilt upside down.  LOL


Di P




Fiona made this quilt and there is something a little special about it.  Some of you might remember that last Christmas those who came to our Aussie Heroes Dinner were given a piece of fabric that some thought was ugly (which is why they were given it!) and the challenge was issued to make a block with it.  There is still plenty of that fabric leftover and Fiona put some to good use in this quilt.  It is the dark coloured sashing and if you didn't know what it was you would never pick it!  Love it!


Jeanette


Jenni


Jillianne 


Kiwi Karen and I had a sewing day last week.  I had prepped some laundry bags with the names or initials already ironed on them and ready to go and Karen sat and completed then, including the applique - which I had not realised she had not done a lot of beforehand!  She rose to the challenge though and did really well.





I even managed a finish myself this week, including the quilting!
Woo Hoo


Julie Ann






Julie created this quilt top, I added the roo and Stephanie T quilted it.


Karen B


Kathleen




Kerry 


Lenore


 Liz


Louise created this awesome quilt top and Kim M quilted it and I added the true blue binding!


Louise T


Lynn and I collaborated on another.  I did the applique and sent the pieces to Lynn along with the photos.  She completed the quilt top and Kim M quilted it for us.


Another joint effort.  Appique by me, quilt top by Lynn and


Check out the quilting by Belinda!


Quilt top by Lynn, applique by me and quilting by Joan Y


Applique by me, quilt top by Lynn and quilted by Jo.


Quilt top by Lynn, quilted by Stephanie T


 Maree




Pam Y




Sandra Mc


Wendy B

Love the soccer player quilting!


That is all for this week.  
Till next time....................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!  JMxx

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - what a marvelous art show this post it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was there ever a quilt top made with the Christmas challenge blocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two quilt tops actually Dasha and they were shown on the blog recently but I can't remember off the top of my head which night. You will see them again soon as they have just been quilted and I am waiting for them to be returned to me soon and will show them again.

      Delete