Wednesday 20 March 2013

Happy Mail 20 Mar

Welcome to Happy Mail for another week.  

I didn't have a lot of happy mail to show you this morning .....
and then I went to the Post Office!


Now that is happy mail!

For all the new followers this is when I showcase all the lovely things that have arrived in the mail.  USUALLY there are several Block of the Month blocks to share.  Blocks of the Month are a specific block that I stipulate at the beginning of each month.  I write a tutorial (unless I can get someone to write one for me!) and post it on the blog with lots of photos.  You can see February's BOM post here and January's BOM here.  I tried something new this month and I suspect that it has not been as popular or perhaps as easy as previous months.  This month the BOM block is an appliqued word.  I know a few people are having a go and I am loving what has come in so far.

Go to the top of the Class Karen B!  You did a BONZA job and were first in!


And another BRAVO to Judy C for her four fabulous blocks.  If you look closely you will see that Judy has free motioned her letters on - what fun!


Loving these blocks and looking forward to seeing some of the others I have heard abou

Louise send down three quilt tops, a nautical one 

a rugby themed quilt top



 and a the golf themed quilt top. 


She was kind enough to make a matching laundry bag for the last one as well.


Louise also sent me this gorgeous wacky magpie fabric.  I just love it!    There is only a little bit of it but isn't it just wonderful!  Not sure what I am going to do with it but I know that just the right person will come along for it.


Miriam  sent me two more of her simply wonderful quilt tops as well.  These are such a simple classic design but they always look so great once they are quilted and bound.





Anne sent me a terrific completed quilt.   Perfect for an Essendon fan!


 Lynn sent more of her fabulous quilt tops including two that are special requests that I asked her to make.  Thanks so much Lynn!  
I already got to this one and added the roos.


Perfect for a dirt biking fan


And one for a four wheel driving nut




And last but not least look what the lovely Stephanie D from WA sent me!  Not one but two Space Invader blocks!  Don't you just love them!  These are just perfect for the fellow I wanted them for but there is no way I would have had time to sew them myself.  I am just so grateful that Stephanie responds to begging and pleading in emails in hot pink letters in huge font!  Stepanie - you are AWESOME - there you go - you have it in writing.


Till next time .........keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Those word 'BOMs' look great, I must finish mine. I was just waiting to see what someone else did, not I can cut out the letters I have marked out and get to it. There seem to be very few limits on what can be done with fabric.

    ReplyDelete