Saturday 21 July 2012

My Own Aussie Hero

I don' t know whether I should put this post up or not but what the heck.  
If you want to understand why I have such strong feelings about Aussie Heroes, why it is so deeply embedded in my heart, 
check out my other blog.  

If not, that is fine too, come back again for tomorrow's post.

22 years ago today, about 8 years into my 15 years of service in both the RAAF and the RAN, I married my own Aussie Hero.  No, he never served overseas - it wasn't as common back then.  

But if he had, and if he was over there now, I would want to know that all of my country was behind him and cheering him and his workmates on.


We might not look the same but such is life.  He is still the best thing in my life. 



Till next time................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Jan-Maree!! 22 years is a FANTASTIC anniversary to reach - especially when you're still happily married!! Have a great day today! ... Wishing the two of you many more years of happiness together!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh how lovely xxx Congratulations xxx Enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversay, have a wonderful day. My husband was a Raffie but he was killed 23 years ago in a road accident, I have been on my own since, except for the kids. Wish you lots of happiness

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the happiness in the world to two lovely people, You are my Aussie Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you and hubby....I can say I also live with my Aussie Hero who is still serving...I am sorry to hear of your loss "cambric cotton"....hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes to you both for a very happy anniversary - congratulations! My first Aussie icon quilt top will be in the mail later this week, and I've got lots more Aussie fabric to play with soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniverary to you both. May you have many more happy years together.
    Hugz
    Maria

    ReplyDelete