Sunday 1 April 2012

SSDs. WWQs and BOMs.

Have I got you thinking?  

Okay first things first.  
SSDs
Sydney Sewing Days.

Beginning on Wednesday the 4th of April there will be sewing days for those in Sydney at my home.  Some of us have been doing this regularly since the beginning of the year but now I have a few new ladies who want to join in so I thought I might as well see if anyone else is interested in joining in the fun.  We start around 10am and sew till anywhere from 1pm to 3pm.  You are welcome to come for the whole time or just for a couple of hours.  We will meet once a fortnight and you can come every fortnight or just when you have time.  BYO  lunch and a small plate towards morning tea wouldn't go astray either.  You can bring your machine or not.  that is up to you.  I have two machines here and there will always be something for you to do that doesn't require a machine - pinning, ironing, cutting and so on.  If you are interested in coming just leave a comment - make sure I have your email address - and I will email you my address.

Now dates - the next two sewing dates will be on Wednesdays - the 4th of April and the 18th of April.  After that, starting on the 30th of April, the Sydney Sewing Days will be on Mondays.  

Hope some of you can make it.  

Next bit of business - 
WWQs.   
Wounded Warrior Quilts.  

Unlike our other quilts, these special quilts should preferably be made out of Australian material OR be particularly Aussie in nature.  Some of our gorgeous teatowels would be great for this.  The thing that needs to be realised is that we can't forecast when these quilts will be needed and storage space in the hospital is limited so we have been asked for only TWO or THREE quilts in the first instance.  Of course I am sending THREE and already THREE lovely ladies have committed to making them.  Those quilts can go to Afghanistan direct from the ladies that make them.  Additionally I hope to have at least two or three on hand here.  I am also happy for others to make some and hold on to them and i will call out for them whenever the need arises.  Does that suit everyone?    If you do decide to make a WWQ you might like to let me know and I will try and keep a record of how many are hiding around the country so that we don't end up with too many.     I would be happy to keep replacement WWQs here but that would require a postal fee.....
If anyone has a better suggestion for keeping this pary organised feel free to leave a comment.


And finally,
BOMs
Hurry and send in your March Pinwheel BOMs if you are making some.  Let me know if you are planning on sending some by leaving a comment so that I know to wait for you.  

The April BOM will be released tomorrow but I am not giving you any hints (ha ha) but get your reds and blues ready AND PLEASE MAKE SURE THOSE REDS ESPECIALLY are COLOURFAST.
I would hate to have the reds RUN!


I am planning on making use of some of the Aussie Flag panels and making a quilt ready for a WWQ.

Till next time.......keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

:-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh that BOM looks intriguing!

    I mailed my March BOMs on Friday along with the pink blocks. I was in such a hurry to get them into the post that I just shoved them into the post bag without any note (blushing slightly, but I really wanted to make the 3pm pickup at the post office)! So, mine will be the squished blocks that'll need pressing from an anonymous stitcher...

    ReplyDelete