Wednesday 18 April 2012

Before I tell you about our sewing day, here is a direct quote from the Senior Chaplain in the Middle East when he heard our final numbers -
"WOW! 125 WOW! That's totally amazing. Please thank all the women who help with the AHQs."

Nice to be able to give him such a nice surprise!

I managed one more finish last night after I posted.  I have to say that I LOVE stripey binding!
 This quilt is going in the mail tomorrow.  It is a gift for a lovely man (can't say too much) who has not yet received a quilt and isn't expecting one.  I just felt he deserved his own.  I hope he likes it.  That Aussie car fabric is fabulous- it has all sorts of names of towns on it from all over the country - Kalgoorlie, Kambalda (we have sewers from both that places).
And now to our sewing day.  Carol and Claire came.  They are two of the Turramurra Quilters and two nicer ladies you could not hope to meet.   I had planned for us to layer four quilt tops today and we were about to pin the first one when Carol said, "Would you like me to take some of these home and quilt them for you?"  Hello??????  Absolutely!  So that meant we didn't have to layer them after all as Carol has  a handy quilter - very handy if you ask me!

Next we moved on to layer a quilt top that Claire had made.  She wanted to take that home and have a go at quilting it herself.

So, much sooner than expected we moved on to the special pink girly quilt!  We had so many blocks that we managed to have enough for the top - and some on the back.   Here is the front.
 Not a very clear picture so I have taken closer up pictures of the sections of it.  It is much pinker in real life.


And this will be the centre panel on the back.  We tried to put at least one of everyone's blocks on the front and the rest on the back.   We will put a strip of the cute backing that Patchwork Orange donated down each side of the back and will possibly also use it for binding.




It is going to be such a pretty quilt once it is finished.  Perfect for a little tiny girl!

Till next time..............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Jan-Maree that Aussie Hero quilt is amazing. I am sure he will love and and be surprised. And as for the quilt for the soldier's daughter - yep it is pink. I am sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the 125 quilts sent!! The pink girly quilt is just precious and I know she will treasure it forever!!

    ReplyDelete