Tuesday 13 March 2012

Only two sleeps to go .....

.................till we can let loose with the boxes at the post office.  I packed up 8 boxes today.  I think I have another seven to go and then another 8 after that.  Mine won't go in the mail till next week when my husband gets home as I am going to get him to write out the customs forms to save my hands.  Hand writing is one of the things that hurts so I avoid it when possible.  I would rather save my hands for sewing!  

I am sure there will be plenty of quilts going in the mail anyway!
Tracey sent me this picture of her quilt.  She had fun with the dogs and ducks fabric!  I really like the mix of colours.
And these two are numbers six and seven by Caz.  This one she has called Blue Hero
And this one is Pink Hero!  There are laundry bags to go with these and you can see them here.
Whilst you are blog hopping you can also see Christine's laundry bags here.  By the sound of all the emails I have been getting lots of people have been really busy sewing!

The Singleton Quilters have really caught the bug.  They have a local teacher whose son is over there so they have set a goal to send sixty - yes 60! quilts to the teacher's son and his entire group!  So far they have 19 quilts under construction!  They are having a sewing day this weekend, which I was hoping to attend but can't.  There will probably be another sewing day in the holidays and I am really hoping to make that one!

Kathy from Tassie has 15 laundry bags just waiting for their cord!  I might add she is also planning to send some fabric up to me!  Thanks Kathy!

Susan, exNavy gal like me (must be nice!), is working on ten laundry bags - 7 down, 3 to go AND she is going to send me some string blocks!  Love string blocks!

And finally Teresa FROM AMERICA is sending me seven pin wheels AND some nine patches that she thought might be too small but which I assured her could be put to good use!

That reminds me - how is everyone going with the Half Square Triangle BOM's - or are you all too busy finishing up your quilts and laundry bags?  Just as long as you are happy stitching that is the main thing!

I will leave you with a picture of the fun laundry bag fabrics that I bought today for $5p/m.  How about curly fries, chocolate kisses (might have to save that one for a girl!) and fierce looking bull dogs!
Till next time................keep spreading the word and happy stitching!


2 comments:

  1. More great quilts. Those fabrics are definitely different, they won't get lost in the pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it is going wonderfully,we have sent more care packages off and just wish there was a way we could have kept count as our local post master is a bit cranky and not so willing to keep a tally( my hubby and I are posties too and have to look at his unsmiling face every day lol) but never mind I know it is many and I am just so happy with the response.WE are all looking forward to our Laundry bags and quilt making for the next batch..you have done yourself proud and those Singleton ones WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete