Sunday 25 March 2012

More finished quilts!

You may remember that I joined the lovely ladies from the Turramurra Quilters for a sewing day a few weeks ago.  Well they have been busy.  These five quilts are on their way to Afghanistan as we speak.
Carol made this great footy themed quilt.   Hope they don't fight over this one.
Eleanor made this one - it is a quilt as you go and the colours are so much better in the flesh so to speak!
Eleanor also made this one - a classic Aussie Hero strippy quilt!
Jessie's soon to be daughter-in-law has a brother currently serving in Afghanistan.  Jessie made this quilt especially for him.  Don't you just think Jessie's D-I-L has just won the MILjackpot!   All the Turramurra Quilters quilts are going to the this young man to hand out to his mates and team mates!  he is going to be the popular one!
I love this quilt by Mary- you can't tell from the pictures but the feature fabric is an aussie animal print.  I think this is  great use of a feature print.
So, who has boxes ready to go tomorrow?
I have more boxes ready to head off tomorrow.  Eight individual boxes each containing a quilt, a laundry bag and some treats are heading off to the chaplains.  I am also about to post off four more quilts to the lovely warrant officer.  I posted four to him last week, plus Marg's fabulous eight flag quilts and with this week's four that makes 16 quilts for the troops coming in to replace the warrant officer's whole team.  I am also hoping to get off 16 laundry bags off to them as well this week.  I just need to count up and make sure that I have enough.  Earlier in the year I sent some quilts over to a Major who was in charge of a team of four army psychs. We sent quilts to them, including the Major and now they are almost ready to head home so I am getting ready to send a set of quilts over for their replacements.  I just need to quilt and bind two feminine quilts.   I have a masculine quilt ready.  Hopefully I will have them done by the end of the week.  

If you are finishing something up please don't forget to send some pictures.  I have more finishes to show you tomorrow.

Till next time...............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Quilts ladies. Jan-maree, you must have an amazing organisation system to keep track of who and where, or a really good memory. Some people count sheep to get to sleep, do you count laundry bags??
    Debra

    ReplyDelete