Wednesday 15 February 2012

One month to go

One month to go till the pre ANZAC DAY mailing date of 15 March to 15 April.  If you haven't already started then it is time to get stitching if you want to have something ready to send off.  

Please, if you are planning to send direct rather than to me first, could you take a picture of whatever you make and send it to me so that I can share it on the blog and on the facebook page.  If you can't do that can you please at least let me know what quantities you are sending as I would really like to keep track of how much is going.  Information like that will help in future discussions with the Department of Defence.

How do you like our BOM quilts so far.  All the blocks in this one came from Sue and I am going to add plain squares in the middle.
These ones are some of mine, combined with another couple from Sue and some from Louise.  A few more in the mail and there will be enough for a second quilt.  If you are still to make yours remember we are steering away from anything pink and anything flowery.  
I think they both look great!  I am kind of leaning towards nine patch blocks quilts at the moment and loving them for their traditional appeal.

I have also been told that there are more nine patch blocks in the mail - really looking forward to seeing what arrives.  More quilts and laundry bags are promised too.  You girls are amazing!  I am so impressed!  I am beginning to think that we have a few Aussie Heroes over here as well!

Till next time.............keep spreading the word and happy stitching!

1 comment:

  1. The nine patches are going to make some really wonderful quilts! Kudos to everyone!

    ReplyDelete